Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mouse

  Mkay so we live out in the country. We have a cotton field on each side of us. And with country living comes peace, quiet, beautiful stars, more free will..... and field mice.
  There used to be country cats outside. Until Hank came along. He had him a feast  that week.. so the field mice are out to play.
  It started with the one. It was a regular sized mouse. Like Ratatouille if you need a visual. We had a run in once or twice. It was awkward. Kind of like when you're trying to turn out of an an isle at Walmart and someone is trying to go straight so yall get caught in this weird "you go I go" dance. Literally exactly what it was like. So we both decided to turn around and go the other way. It was strangely human like??  Thank you Pixar for giving me the impression that mice can have human tendencies! Lol.
  Anywho. After one or two run ins he just kind of disappeared. We thought we were rid of mousies. Haha thought. About a week or two after, we heard a scurry. And we were like heeees baaaack!!  And this time it's not a ratatouille mouse. It's more like the mouse on Alice in wonderland. And there's more than one. I think there's two. I could be wrong. But if anything, there's only two out at a time.
  Let me just tell you. These mouses. Mices...rodents, don't know how to be a mouse. First of all, they are not sneaky. At all. Come out in BROAD daylight like nobodies home, not even try to hide, walking across the hallway, not down it, ACROSS it, and WALKING!? Then, Garrett is brushing his teeth, brave ass just runs across his feet like a dam bump in the road. They talk to each other, at night, while ya know, they're supposed to be quiet and not make their presence known, but no let's just have a casual conversation instead. So we're laying in bed and you hear a few squeaks from one corner of the room, a pause, and a few squeaks from the other corner. And then, they've put on a few grams and apparently have an ass now cause when they aren't being lazy and run to go under the door, you just hear this "thadump" from being to fat to fit through the crack. I feel like they didn't get the memo for mouse training.
  And poor Jayden, he was playing with his toys the other day and I'm sitting on the bed and he moves his tractor and then made this awful gasp and fought to get on the bed and I was like baby what's wrong and he was sobbing the mouse is in my toooooooys, and now he plays more cautiously. And I'm pretty sure they're molesting his toy hamster..... every night I make Jayden clean up all of his toys k. And this morning I wake up and look over and see his toy hamster upside down by his toy chest.... and my immediate thought, "dirty shameful mouse".
  Garrett wants to get a mouse trap and snap them.... but I feel some empathy for them. They're newbies. And don't know proper mouse protocol. And so confident in their mouseness at the same time. And they're tiny..... but alas, I feel that won't save them. My nights aren't going to be as entertaining without my nightly mouse gossip :(

No comments:

Post a Comment